UK’s grindcore pioneers NAPALM DEATH special 2CD and Digital Download compilation “Coded Smears And More Uncommon Slurs” is out today via CENTURY MEDIA RECORDS.
The 2LP edition of “Coded Smears And More Uncommon Slurs” will be released in North America on April 20 and contains a poster and an LP-booklet and is limited to 200 copies on neon orange vinyl. The LP is also available on unlimited black vinyl version as well as in the following limited colored vinyl runs: 100x copies white vinyl (CM Webshop Europe), 200x copies silver vinyl (Nuclear Blast Webshop) and 400x copies red vinyl (CM Distro).
ORDER YOUR COPY NOW HERE: https://napalmdeath.lnk.to/CodedSmearsAndMoreUncommonSlurs
“Coded Smears And More Uncommon Slurs” includes a total of 31 songs over 90 minutes in length, compiling rarities and exclusive earworms spanning from 2004-2016 from the whirling gene pool of noise that is NAPALM DEATH. Here is a complete track-listing with explanations for the source of each song:
NAPALM DEATH – “Coded Smears And More Uncommon Slurs”:
1. Standardization (02:46) -> LP-only bonus track from “Utilitarian” album sessions 2011.
2. Oh So Pseudo (02:36) -> Bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
3. It Failed To Explode (03:38) -> Japan-only bonus track from “Utilitarian” album sessions 2011.
4. Losers (04:22) -> Bonus track from “The Code Is Red...Long Live The Code” album sessions 2004.
5. Call That An Option? (03:03) -> Bonus track from “Smear Campaign” album sessions 2006.
6. Caste As Waste (03:06) -> Japan-only bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
7. We Hunt In Packs (03:49) -> Japan-only bonus track from “Time Waits For No Slave” album sessions 2008.
8. Oxygen Of Duplicity (03:30) -> From Melvins Split EP, recorded 2013.
9. Paracide (01:39) -> Gepopel cover / Japan-only bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
10. Critical Gluttonous Mass (02:26) -> Bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
11. Aim Without An Aim (03:05) -> Bonus track from “Utilitarian” album sessions 2011.
12. An Extract (Strip It Clean) (03:12) -> From Split EP with Heaven Shall Burn, recorded 2014.
13. Phonetics For The Stupefied (03:29) -> From Split EP with Voivod, recorded 2014.
14. Suppressed Hunger (03:09) -> Bonus track from “Time Waits For No Slave” album sessions 2008.
15. To Go Off And Things (02:29) -> Cardiacs cover / From Split EP with Melvins, recorded 2013.
16. Clouds of Cancer / Victims Of Ignorance (02:06) -> G-ANX cover / Bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
17. What Is Past Is Prologue (02:57) -> Bonus track from “Apex Predator – Easy Meat” album sessions 2014.
18. Like Piss To A Sting (01:31) -> From Split EP with Melt Banana, recorded 2014.
19. Where The Barren Is Fertile (02:22) -> From Split EP with Melt Banana, recorded 2014.
20. Crash The Pose (01:33) -> Gauze cover / Japan-only bonus track from “The Code Is Red...Long Live The Code” album sessions 2004.
21. Earthwire (02:55) -> Download only as DZI Foundation benefit following the 2015 Nepal earthquake, recorded 2014.
22. Will By Mouth (01:25) -> From Split EP with Converge, recorded 2012.
23. Everything In Mono (02:48) -> Bonus track from “Utilitarian” album sessions 2011.
24. Omnipresent Knife In Your Back (05:15) -> Bonus track from “Time Waits For No Slave” album sessions 2008.
25. Lifeline (03:18) -> Sacrilege cover / From “Respect Your Roots Worldwide” compilation, recorded 2011.
26. Youth Offender (02:07) -> B-Side from “Analysis Paralysis” EP; recorded 2011.
27. No Impediment To Triumph (Bhopal) (03:02) -> From Split EP with Converge, recorded 2012.
28. Legacy Was Yesterday (02:15) -> From Decibel Magazine Flexi EP, recorded 2010.
29. Outconditioned (02:25) -> Despair cover / From “Covering 20 Years Of Extremes” compilation, recorded 2008.
30. Atheist Runt (06:07) -> Bonus track from “Smear Campaign” album sessions 2006.
31. Weltschmerz (Extended Apocalyptic Version) (04:05) -> Bonus track from “Smear Campaign” album sessions 2006.
Two singles were launched in anticipation of the release of “Coded Smears And More Uncommon Slurs” which you can listen to below:
“Call That An Option?”: https://youtu.be/qugUJQUzma0
“Oh So Pseudo”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZzrZtOd2Po
In celebration of the release of “Coded Smears And More Uncommon Slurs”, NAPALM DEATH will kick off their upcoming tour tonight with a SOLD-OUT show in Copenhagen before making their way across Europe as they appear on several of metal's most well known festivals including Inferno Fest, Hellfest, Desertfest, and In Flammen Open Air. Following their European run, the band will head over to North America to join metal legends Slayer on the second half of their farewell tour alongside iconic acts including Lamb of God, Anthrax and Testament before continuing on to Latin America for a co-headlining run with Cannibal Corpse. A full listing of upcoming dates is as follows:
NAPALM DEATH TOUR DATES
3/30 Copenhagen, DK - Loppen
3/31 Gothenburg, SE - Belsepub
4/1 Oslo, NO - Inferno Metal Festival
4/3 Hamburg, DE - Knust
4/4 Herford, DE - X
4/5 Drachten, NL - Iduna
4/6 Berlin, DE - SO36
4/7 Katowice, PO - Metalmania Festival
4/8 Chemnitz, DE - AJZ
5/4 London, UK - Desertfest
5/10 Bethune, FR - Le Satellite
5/11 Gueret, FR - Metal Cultures
5/12 Montpellier, FR - Moshfest IV
5/13 Brianans, FR - Outbreak Metal Fest
6/22 Clisson, FR - Hellfest
6/29 Villafranca, IT - Rock The Castle
7/14 Torgau, DE - In Flammen Open Air
7/20 Trutnov, CZ - Obscene Extreme
7/26 Gilford, NH - Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion #
7/27 Bangor, ME - Waterfront Pavilion (Impact Music Festival) #
7/28 Montreal, QC - Heavy MTL Festival
7/29 Wantagh, NY - Jones Beach #
7/31 Scranton, PA - Montage Mountain #
8/1 Saratoga Springs, NY - Times Union Center #
8/3 Darien Center, NY - Darien Lake Amphitheatre #
8/4 Syracuse, NY - Lakeview Amphitheatre #
8/6 London, ON - Budweiser Gardens #
8/7 Grand Rapids, MI - Van Andel Area #
8/9 St. Louis, MO - Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre #
8/10 Atlanta, GA - Cellaris Amphitheatre #
8/12 Nashville, TN - Municipal Auditorium #
8/13 Rogers, AR - Wal-Mart Amphitheatre #
8/15 San Antonio, TX - Freeman Coliseum #
8/16 Oklahoma, OK - Zoo Amphitheatre #
8/18 Greenwood Village, CO - Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre #
8/19 Salt Lake City, UT - UANA Amphitheatre #
8/21 Nampa, ID - Idaho Center Amphitheatre #
8/23 Portland, OR - Sunlight Supply Amphitheatre #
8/26 San Jose, CA - SAP Center #
9/11 Asuncion, PY - Sala Garcia Lorca ^
9/13 Montevideo, UY - Sala Del Museo ^
9/14 Rio de Janeiro, BR - Circo Voador ^
9/15 Sao Paulo, BR - Carioca Club ^
9/16 Belo Horizonte, BR - Music Hall BH ^
9/18 Porto Alegre, BR - Opiniao ^
9/19 Curitiba, BR - Hermes Bar ^
9/21 Manaus, BR - Teatro Manauara ^
9/22 Fortaleza, BR - Espaco Jangada ^
9/23 Recife, BR - Baile Perfumado ^
9/25 Buenos Aires, AR - Teatro Vorterix ^
9/26 Santiago, CH - Teatro Caupolican ^
9/27 Lima, PE - CC Festiva ^
9/29 Bogota, CO - Auditoro Mayor Cun ^
9/30 San Jose, CR - Club Peppers ^
10/2 Tegucigalpa, HO - Nacional de Ingenieros ^
10/3 San Salvador, ES - Cifco ^
10/4 Mexico City, MX - Pabellon Cuervo ^
10/5 Queretero, MX - Auditoro Arteaga ^
10/6 Monterrey, MX - Tecate Mexico Metal Fest ^
10/7 Guadalajara, MX - C3 Stage
# with Slayer, Lamb of God, Anthrax, Testament
^ with Cannibal Corpse
NAPALM DEATH online:
Century Media Records online: