Interview with Scott Simpson of Alpha Wolf:
Hello and thanks for taking the time to chat with me!
1. You have a new EP coming out on April 19 titled Fault, how excited are you about this new release?
Very! We have been working on this EP for a long time and to be finally ushering in the new chapter of Alpha Wolf is very, very exciting.
2. How does this EP differ from your 2017 album Mono?
We feel that this EP is a step forward to a more raw, aggressive sounding record for us, whilst still encompassing the darker emotional scope that Alpha Wolf fans have grown to love.
3. For this album, did the band have a concept in mind of what it wanted to achieve?
From the start of the EP planning we had a vision for how we wanted the record to sound, but we didn't necessarily stick to a formula for writing. There was a lot of emotion on our side that we needed to channel into this record.
4. Follow up- was the writing done in studio or did you come in with demos ready to go?
The songs were prepared before our proper studio time as our guitarist Scottie is a producer himself and runs his business from home so we were lucky in that regard, the proper studio time was very relaxed and rather quick!
5. What do you think is the hardest part of writing new music and staying relevant?
Writer's block is probably the hardest part of writing, though with our current line up we are usually able to get through those moments fairly quickly.
As for staying relevant, we all listen to recent music and like to keep up to date with our favourite releases so I think that makes it more of a natural process when it comes to writing the new material.
6. Are there any tours that you can discuss at this time or playing any summer festivals?
We have our EP headline tour in Australia once we return from Europe which we are super excited about! As for Summer tours, nothing we can talk about just yet, though be assured, it will be a busy year for Alpha Wolf.
7. If you could put together your own tour package, who would you like to tour with?
That's a hard one! Not sure about how the order would go but some bands we all want to tour with include;
Black Tongue, Varials, Gideon,
8. What do you enjoy most about touring and the least about it?
Visiting new cities, and countries where people sing along to your songs is always going to be the most enjoyable thing about touring. It's the reason we all do it. The long drives and lack of sleep can be a struggle, as well as poor eating habits on the road while you get stuck at service stations more often then not, but the pros outweigh the cons.
9. What are you looking forward to this year?
Seeing new parts of the world, and touring our asses off
10. Any last words for fans?
Thank you for sticking by us, we've had a lot of ups and downs but while there are people listening to our music and coming to our shows, we aren't going anywhere.
You can find ALPHA WOLF online at the following: