First, thank you for taking time out to chat with us!
• For anyone that hasn’t heard your music before, how would you describe your music?
-Just some good ol’ rock ‘n’ roll baby! Like walking hand in hand with god and the devil while your soul is rocketing past Jupiter and your mama is calling after you to take the garbage out.
• You have a new album titled Can’t Kill Me due in November, how was the writing process for your second album, compared to the your first?
-We really just consider this our first album. We found these songs, or these songs found us, through just being completely free and open. We weren’t trying to write anything or trying to be anything. It just came.
• Did you guys come into the studio with songs partly written, or was the writing done on site?
-Probably some of both. This entire writing and recording process has just been a blur of expression, it’s hard to hold on to.
• Was there anything specific you were trying to achieve with Can’t Kill Me? And does the title have any special significance?
-We just had to let people know that we’re here and we aren’t going anywhere. We were all in a dark spot before we started writing this record. These songs are how we pulled ourselves out. The parallel to the title is very clear for us.
• Do you have a scheduled new single on the way that fans can look forward to soon?
-We just premiered our video for “Keep It Gold” recently and started streaming another track from the record, “Slaves.” Listen to those and feel the world we’re stepping into with the whole album. It’s a trip.
• Can you give us insight as to what the overall theme of the new album will be, or would you rather leave that up to the listener?
-It’s really open to you. We want you to make it mean whatever it needs to for you. For us it’s all about what makes you feel like you can’t go on, can’t be what you need to be. There’s a voice that speaks to all of us and tries to kill our spirit. “Can’t Kill Me” is our fight to shut that voice down and still stand here. It’s a symbolic middle finger to ourselves.
• Is there currently any tour in the works that you can discuss at this time?
-We’re working on getting out there to rock out with all of you! Just keep your eyes open to any future dates.
• If you could put together your own tour, which bands would want to play along with?
-So many we would love to. A Korn, Deftones and Nine Inch Nails tour would be pretty unreal though.
• Will there be any bundles available or special items that fans can order with the new album?
-We’re just focused on getting the music out digitally right now but we may do some limited runs of vinyl and other things in the future.
• Any parting words of what fans can expect in the near future for UNWILL?
Thank you for your time and I wish you a successful album release!
-Thank you, we’re excited for everyone to hear this record. If you want to be free and to rock out we’ll be right there with you. We’re all on this journey together.
Find UNWILL online at the following: